The West Bengal Small Industries Development Corporation Ltd. (WBSIDCL) was established in the year 1961 under the aegis of Micro, Small, Medium Enterprises & Textiles (MSME&T) Department (the then C&SSI Department) with the sole objective of promotion and growth of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises throughout the state by providing infrastructure and also by extending marketing support to the MSMEs having low investment capacities but high potentiality in respect of employment generation. Thus over the years, the WBSIDCL has been grown as a trusted friend and guide to the MSMEs and playing a significant and pivotal role in socio-economic development through Revenue & Employment generation.
During the years, the WBSIDCL has developed 51 (fifty one) no. of Industrial and Commercial Estate widely scattered all over the state. All the estates have been developed in prime location wherein land and sheds for setting up of industries are allotted at subsidized rates with all modern infrastructural facilities. This has helped a large number of MSMEs towards industrial growth as well as generated extensive employment.
Recently, WBSIDC has started functioning as a Nodal Agency for State Assisted Industrial Park (SAIP) of MSME&T Department.
Promotion and growth of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises throughout the state by providing infrastructure and also by extending marketing support to the MSMEs.
- To promote Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises by the way of land allotment, Infrastructure, Consultancy Service etc.
- To assist the entrepreneurs to manage Industrial estates seamlessly.
- To provide services to entrepreneurs to facilitate bank finance.
- To extend handhold support for establishing Industrial Park by the Entrepreneurship.
- To act as an agency for MSME&T Department for infrastructure creation up to grass root level.
- To provide services in all stage of business activities.
- To arrange workshops, Consultancy Services, Quality Control Assurance to MSME units.
- To help the MSME units in Government Procurement.
- To accrue the benefits of Industrial Growth in the form of Employment Generation.